Sunday, September 18, 2016

Back to normal

Almost! I have finally come back to earth after my time spent volunteering at the Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries Costume Exhibition. What a wonderful experience! So many lovely visitors and fellow volunteers, all with something in common. Many volunteers took the opportunity to dress up for their shifts, however my sister and I waited until the last week before channeling Phryne.

I don't have a photo of me in costume, however, I will share the sewing I did to complete it. Everyone knows that no self-respecting twenties lady would leave home without a hat, so I made a cloche from a pattern I found online.


Actually quite easy to make and finished off with a feather flower.

I had wanted to buy a red lipstick from the gift shop, but I left it too late and they had sold out. I did indulge in a costume catalogue so I can drool over the costumes at my leisure, as well as a lovely bit of bling!


Now that I have dusted off the sewing machine, I hope to get back to some abandoned projects. I just have to adjust my social life a bit. After all, it's a bit hard to sew if you're never at home!

1 comment: