Thursday, October 8, 2015

A bit of history and an amazing gift

A few weeks ago I was involved in an event which highlights the heritage of the lovely city I call home. Twice a year three generous owners open their heritage homes to the public. The latest were...

..the Victorian era Rhossili..


Federation period Ballachulish...




...and 1850s Claremont.


The best part of the day however, came later that evening, when  the call came telling me my beautiful daughter was about to receive an amazing gift.. She had been waiting for many months now for a lung transplant and thanks to a wonderful family's generosity, she has a chance for a longer life to enjoy all the things most of us take for granted. She is recovering well and is determined to honour her donor's gift by living well.

I am so very grateful.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to happen, for both of you. Praying for a full recovery and a new life for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and your lovely daughter. Wishing her a full recovery and a wonderful healthy life. Thanks for sharing those lovely homes too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift to receive, I hope everything goes well and your daughter has a speedy and full recovery. Beautiful homes too.

    ReplyDelete