Friday, July 5, 2013

Hello again

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted on this blog. I have been caught up in a few heritage events and kind of lost my focus for a bit. Add in a flying visit to Perth for the National Trust and my regular volunteering commitments and... enough excuses!

I did however, finish the signature quilt I was working on. Deadlines are good and it needed to be ready for the event we ran to celebrate the 160th birthday of Wolston House. I'm fairly pleased with the outcome although this is not the best photo I've ever taken.


This is a close-up of the central section. The embroidery was done by one of the other volunteers.


A lot of the fabric came from my stash but I did have to buy backing. Isn't it cute!



The event was an Antiques & Collectables Day and of course I had to buy one or two little goodies. I have a "thing" about pretty plates and and just loved the little collections of vintage photos from France and Italy.


Next I am planning a scrappy quilt to raffle for Wolston House and hoping to get other volunteers to participate. Lots of patterns to choose from here.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely to read your post and I am glad you have been off doing things important to you. Love your signature quilt and your vintage goodies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks very effective. Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete