Monday, January 21, 2013

I had a plan...

... truly.. I did. It wasn't a written down plan as such, it was more a well thought out, firmly held in the brain kind of plan.
In my plan, I could see myself, self-disciplined, applying myself to all the tasks saved up until I fully retired. Because there would be no more 6 am phone calls asking "are you available for work today?" no more school kids saying, "you can't tell me what to do... you're not my teacher!" and other similar soul-crushing statements. No, there would be time..
In my plan, quilts would fly off the sewing machine, my craft room would become a model of organisation and industry, UFOs would be a thing of the past and so on... I'm sure you get the idea.
Nowhere in my plan did I have listed increasingly frequent trips to the library to feed my reading addiction, hours spent on the computer battling zombies or solving solitaire puzzles. Where did I go wrong???
Oh well.. I guess I need Plan B.
And maybe this time I need to write it down?

1 comment: