Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday treasures

I was hoping to join in earlier today but I was unexpectedly called in to work. A bit of a surprise on day 2 of the school term, but... anyway, that's how it goes sometimes.


My treasures today are fairly recent acquisitions, but special nonetheless. This lovely plate was a gift from my sister.. just because! She saw it on  a white elephant stall at a church fete and immediately thought of me. aren't I lucky to have a sister who knows me so well. The tray-cloth and salad servers were picked up in a local vintage shop.


I have a small collection of vintage kitchenalia which includes a few rolling pins and have been on the lookout for a glass one. Any I found were always more than I was willing to pay, so I was thrilled to receive this beauty from my beautiful daughter. Apparently it was a very good price (she's thrifty too), so that makes it special too.
Don't forget to pop over to visit Melody and see who else is sharing today.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Treasures on display today. All are gorgeous especially your wonderful glass rolling pin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely your family now exactly what to look out for you. All your new treasures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete