Thursday, December 22, 2011

Advent blog-a-long - Day 22





Yesterday I made another of my 'traditional' contributions to Sunday's feast, peppermint log. This recipe was given to me by my late mother-in-law, and was one her offerings at Christmas along with rum balls and apricot balls. She kept containers of each in the frig to be brought out with coffee all through the Christmas season.
I have made the log for years now (so long in fact that my grown-up nieces and nephews refer to it as "Auntie Carolyn's peppermint log") and recently added the apricot balls. I had never had the recipe until I found out that MIL had given it to one of my sisters.
Both recipes are the kind where all ingredients are combined with condensed milk. I now use the 'low-fat' milk; yes, I know it still has all that sugar!!!... please leave me to my delusion that I'm providing a 'healthier' treat.
Only three more sleeps! I suppose I'd better get on with finishing the gift buying. I'm such a procrastinator.

1 comment: