Monday, June 13, 2011

Textile art festival

What a lovely time I had today. I went to the Textile Art Festival at the Convention Centre in Brisbane. One of the nicest things about it was going with my sister, niece and great-niece (she's just turned two, it pays to start them young). I felt it was more relaxed than some of the other craft shows- less stalls and more opportunity to really look without feeling as though you could miss something.



We saw a display of Jenny King's crochet garments- she reckons crochet's making a comeback- and browsed through lots of beautiful fibres and yarns. There was fabric and quilting stuff too- lovely Japanese prints and vintage kimono fabric.


My sister bought me an early birthday present, the lovely yarn came with patterns to make two lacy scarves. Since I was also looking for inspiration at the show, I hope making one of them will give me a bit of a boost.




I am very cranky at the moment as I can't seem to make any links to my blog. Jenny King's website can be found at Jenny King designs. She is passionate about her crochet and her garments look like a lot of fun to wear.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is beautiful yarn I love the colour. I didn't realise it was on...I hope it's on next year.

    ReplyDelete