Friday, March 4, 2011

Vintage therapy




Yesterday I felt the need to indulge in a bit of vintage shopping therapy, so I toddled off to the new antiques and collectables centre here in Ipswich. It is in a beautifully restored Heritage building which was formerly the Congregational Church Hall and Sunday School. I haven't visited since the opening last December which was lovely, (lots of yummy nibbles and bubbly) but very crowded and hot in spite of the air-conditioning. It was hard to have a good look at the merchandise.


I was able to have a good browse as well as a delicious coffee with almond bread at the cafe. The nice thing about the centre is that there is a good range of stuff, not only classy antiques but vintage and retro as well as repurposed items.


I found this lovely Colclough china trio at a very reasonable price. Plain but elegant.


Also this very pretty oriental picture made with cut paper.


I think it will go well with my Oriental ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment