Monday, March 14, 2011

Good intentions

Yesterday was one of my days for volunteering at Wolston House, a National Trust property at Wacol, in Brisbane. We always serve Devonshire teas among other things, but yesterday was a day for one of our High Teas. Now, I took along my camera, intending to take some photos to share, however, it got horribly busy and I had to take the guided tour etc, etc. The upshot was, that by the time I remembered the camera, all the goodies had been snaffled.

So, you just have to imagine.... three tiered stands filled with delicious scones, mini- cupcakes, pinwheel smoked salmon sandwiches, mini quiche and so on; tables set with vintage china, embroidered tablecloths and napkins as well as beaded milk jug covers. All this set up on the verandah of an historic house shaded by a very old fig tree, with views of open paddocks and the occasional kangaroo or cow.


As a consolation, I thought I would share some photos of my favourite room in my 120 year old cottage. Hope you like it.

2 comments:

  1. I have wanted to go to a high tea at Wolston House for some time now. I must do this. Let me know when you're going to be there again and I will book in!!! The photos are just gorgeous... right up my alley! Do you think anyone would notice if I moved in???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if there is room for Teresa and me, as I could live here too. It looks beautiful and the high tea sounds great.

    ReplyDelete