Thursday, January 20, 2011

Finished


With some time on my hands last week- no power and cut off- it was a good time to finish off projects not needing the sewing machine. The bracelet was begun at a workshop at the Craft and Quilt Fair last October. To prevent me from buying stuff to add to my stash, I usually try to find a class or workshop which will give me a new skill or allow me to make a one off of something I might like to try once but not necessarily continue with.

I was interested in the technique of knitting with wire. It was a bit tricky to begin with but not as difficult as you might think. Not sure if I would do it again, although my granddaughter is quite keen on jewellry so you never know.

3 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous Carolyn. Well worth the effort. My sister makes beautiful things with wire and beads. Love the colours in this piece. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love to learn new skills. This wire and beads project looks very appealing to me since I am a knitter anyway.
    Nice post on th jam that you made, and the little reminder of acceptance about 'things that we can not change'.

    ReplyDelete